About this blog...




I was a member of the Rock of NW Arkansas for over four years and am intimately familiar with the teachings. I can say without a doubt that the Rock of NW Arkansas is a cult that is breeding a terrible doctrine of elitism, control, and manipulation.


The following is a documentary of thoughts I have collected concerning my experiences at the Rock of NW Arkansas.


Have family/friends at the Rock?

So how do you help someone you love that is at the Rock of NW Arkansas? What can you do to help them see the dangers that the doctrines at the Rock present?

What to Expect
Sadly, there is little that can be said to these people. The teachings breed elitism and arrogance. When I attended the Rock, and as many will testify, we were taught that other churches were simply ignorant of the "real kingdom message". It was insulting for family and friends to share with me what might be wrong. In my mind I thought, "What could they possibly know compared to us?"

I had been brainwashed into thinking that certain words like Jesus, Christian, the bible, church, and other meaningful terms to Christianity were "religious" and basically demonic. So, when family or friends came to me and used terms like that, I was repulsed.

The fact remains, that what I really needed, and what helped me, to get out was that I believed I had the support system through my family. I knew people who cared about me and would help me.

The people at the Rock are taught that if they leave that "hail and lightening" will come against them. That if they leave they will be subject to curses. This is a strong motivator to stay in spite of abuses! It worked for me for years!

The Answer
Yet we do not wrestle against flesh and blood. We need to continue to love these people and make sure that they know they can always come to us. That we will be there for them without making them feel embarrassed or guilty for their choice to be a part of a cult.
I would encourage you to express this to them directly. Tell them, "If you ever need someone to talk to about the Rock or what is happening, you can talk to me." They need to know that they have people on the "outside" that care. Knowing that they will not be alone, or have to go through the abuse that takes place when they leave, can help them break the fear they have been programmed to have about questioning the leadership.

Others Are In Your Shoes
Another sad fact is that many have been abused by the leadership at the Rock. This also means that you are not alone and have resources to help you understand the teachings and control that take place. Many have left the Rock or had family at the Rock that have been able to get out. If you need to talk to some of these people, please do not hesitate to email me directly HERE.


4 comments:

  1. I am thankful for The Rock and Apostle Todd and for all he has done for the lives of several that are very close to me. Jesus Christ through Apostle Todd has taken what was disastrous and performed a miracle.

    You are a sower of discontent and I pray you will find your way to building up instead of "trying" to tear down. If you were as confident in your thoughts as you lead on to be, you would allow all posts to be viewed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Parker,
    My deepest hope is that I do inspire discontent in the lazy, thoughtless, and unscriptural teachings being released from the pulpit at The Rock of NW Arkansas. Todd Murner has abandoned the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my community and offered a new "gospel of the kingdom." This false gospel will not go unexamined on our watch. I speak for thousands of people when I say that.

    Some simple statistics for you. As of today's date, of the 2,684 comments left on this blog alone:
    * 2,232 have anonymously praised this effort
    * 438 have anonymously condemned this effort
    * 9 anonymously threatened my life, my wife's life, or my child's life
    * 5 have actually given me their names (including you)
    * Of the five brave souls who were willing to give me their names, three were too vulgar to post and one later asked me to remove their name.

    It would be to my great benefit to post the outpouring of support this effort has received. What you might find interesting is that many people who have shown positive support are actually from your community, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve Parker is the "spiritual father" and cult leader at The Rock of Central Florida. He controls and brainwashes the congregants by encouraging them to "untether from scripture" while often pulling out a single verse that supports his teachings even though the preceding and following verses contradict his message. He once preached a message in which he questioned whether his church members REALLY trust him or not. He then said, " Do you trust me enough that if Holy Spirit told me to have you kill a man, you would do it?" He told them that if they don't, they don't really trust him at all because that could have been Holy Spirit sparing someone else from death because that man they were told to kill could have been a murderer. Those that check his preachings against scripture are said to not be "true sons" to him. For years, I told my wife that we were in a cult. I knew that if we left when the time was right, we could help many to see these false doctrines for what they were. Sunday after Sunday, I would sort through the message and tell my wife what was scriptural and what was that of cultish teachings. He recently preached a message called "The Threshing Table" (that is what he calls The Last Supper) in which he encouraged his people to end relationships with anyone who has left "in rebellion." We knew that the timing was now and his church has recently had a severe split. The Father has saved many from the control of this master manipulator and we are praying to see many more set free. His comment above does not surprise me. He ALWAYS controls his facebook page by removing any comments and posts that even question him in any way. Thank you for your work here. I am a Former Pastor at The Rock. Feel free to contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I read Steve Parker's comment to you, I laughed being that he only posts certain messages from his church. He is the leader at The Rock of CF, one of the most arrogant men I've ever met. He has his church members "drawing spiritual lines" and they are not allowed to have relationship with anyone who has left his church. They must be "aligned" with him because he's a "spiritual father". Families are being destroyed because of the "mandate" he has given the people there.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer post comments if you choose to remain anonymous, but your comments still come to my email inbox. Please feel free to continue to send me your feedback and comments.